Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Buffalo Brothers...in review

Buffalo Brothers is good. You know that. You don't need me to tell you. It's the new menu that Salt & I were curious about. I am happy to say we weren't disappointed in the least! Here's what we had (in no particular order).
  • Buffalo Wing Dip - What a fantastic start! It's got some kick to it, but it's not like you're just dipping tortilla chips into wing sauce. The Buffalo Wing Dip also includes cheese and celery.
  • Boneless Wings - This isn't anything new. A lot of restaurants do boneless wings, but at Buffalo Brothers everything is done in house and by hand! Can you taste the difference? Well, can you tell the difference between your mom's fried chicken and McNuggets?
  • The Inside Out Burger - What a great addition to the menu! It's two patties of beef with cheese melted in the middle. It can be a little hot, but each bite offers flavor. In Minnesota they call this burger the Juicy Lucy. I've never had the original, but that doesn't matter. Buffalo Brothers has given me one less reason to ever travel to Minnesota!
  • Ribs - There's really no need to review the ribs. They're ribs! How can they possibly be bad? Look, I know what you're thinking - Ribs are a southern thing and the guys at Buffalo Brothers stress that their wings are authentic because they are from Western New York, so the ribs can't possibly be that good. Well, they are. Taste them and you'll be ashamed you doubted me.
  • The Side Dishes - Okay, there were several, so let me tell you about the ones I really liked. The potato salad is really different. Nothing like I expected. It almost isn't fair to call this potato salad. The loaded mashed potatoes include bacon, so you know they're good. And the salad (I don't remember what it was called, but it included chicken, bacon, crasins, and balsamic vinaigrette) was awesome!

Buffalo Brothers Pizza and Wing Company is a great place to catch a ball game, have a beer, and yes, even get a great meal. The pizza and wings are great, but there is a lot more to the menu. Be bold and try one of the new items! You'll be glad you did.