Monday, April 27, 2009
...and as a result Lowe's Motor Speedway Rewards fans!
CONCORD, N.C. (April 26, 2009) - The official number of cars
collected in the biggest wreck, coined "The Big One," during Sunday's
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega, Ala., was 14. As a result,
Lowe's Motor Speedway will sell 1,000 tickets combined to the NASCAR
Sprint All-Star Race on May 16 and the 50th running of the Coca-Cola 600
on May 24 at only $14 beginning at noon on Monday.
Fans can purchase tickets at this special price by visiting the
Lowe's Motor Speedway ticket office or calling 1-800-455-FANS. Tickets
sold at the special rate will be limited to five per customer.
$14 Cup Tickets on Sale at Noon Monday in "Big One" Ticket Buster
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
So who do you think are some of the ugliest rock stars out there? These were your suggestions.
Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin
And perhaps the king of the uggos - Geddy Lee of Rush.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
We also had a good time ripping on Kanye West's new shoe developed by Nike. This is what they look like.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- Buffalo Wing Dip - What a fantastic start! It's got some kick to it, but it's not like you're just dipping tortilla chips into wing sauce. The Buffalo Wing Dip also includes cheese and celery.
- Boneless Wings - This isn't anything new. A lot of restaurants do boneless wings, but at Buffalo Brothers everything is done in house and by hand! Can you taste the difference? Well, can you tell the difference between your mom's fried chicken and McNuggets?
- The Inside Out Burger - What a great addition to the menu! It's two patties of beef with cheese melted in the middle. It can be a little hot, but each bite offers flavor. In Minnesota they call this burger the Juicy Lucy. I've never had the original, but that doesn't matter. Buffalo Brothers has given me one less reason to ever travel to Minnesota!
- Ribs - There's really no need to review the ribs. They're ribs! How can they possibly be bad? Look, I know what you're thinking - Ribs are a southern thing and the guys at Buffalo Brothers stress that their wings are authentic because they are from Western New York, so the ribs can't possibly be that good. Well, they are. Taste them and you'll be ashamed you doubted me.
- The Side Dishes - Okay, there were several, so let me tell you about the ones I really liked. The potato salad is really different. Nothing like I expected. It almost isn't fair to call this potato salad. The loaded mashed potatoes include bacon, so you know they're good. And the salad (I don't remember what it was called, but it included chicken, bacon, crasins, and balsamic vinaigrette) was awesome!
Buffalo Brothers Pizza and Wing Company is a great place to catch a ball game, have a beer, and yes, even get a great meal. The pizza and wings are great, but there is a lot more to the menu. Be bold and try one of the new items! You'll be glad you did.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
We started with lunch downtown at a Cajun place, Fat Fish Blue. We had to park right next to the Quicken Loan Center where the Cavs play.
Friday, April 3, 2009
We arrived at the Rock Hall this morning at 4:27am and drove to the empty parking lot around back. They ushered us in by the loading dock. The Rock Hall sits right on the waterfront of Lake Erie, directly across from Browns Stadium(so much sadness from that place).
As we checked in with security we passed through the underbelly of the Rock Hall and there is a wall, unseen by most, across from the security office, that has signatures all over it. The signatures range from artists that have played here to the union workers that built the place. We passed by the business offices and up the escalators to the empty lobby to begin the show...under the cars from U2's ONE video!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
It was a bumpy flight up. Thank God for portable DVD players! 30 Rock Season 2 took my mind of the fact that it felt like we were driving down a dirt road.
We got to the Crown Plaza Hotel in downtown Cleveland, which by the way, is about as depressing place as can be imagined. Downtown I mean, not the hotel. The hotel is great. We're in a room on the 20th floor looking out on Lake Eerie. It's about as beautiful a view as Cleveland has to offer.
Salt & I had to head over to the Rock Hall for some technical tests and introductions. While Salt made sure we were good to go for tomorrow, I got a quick tour of the facilities. You'll hear about the artifacts we saw tomorrow.
We had a mediocre dinner and are about to call it a night. I can't speak for Salt, but I know I am beat. 4 o'clock in the morning comes even faster when you're this tired!